The holiday season is upon us, and it’s time to get in the holiday mood! A great place to start is your home, and even if you’re not ready to haul out the holly, decorate the tree, or light the menorah, there are some simple swaps you can make that will have your family feeling that holiday spirit. The best news? The changes we’re talking about require very little effort or expense.
- Toss in some new throw pillows. No matter which holiday you celebrate, it’s easy to find pillows that match your traditions and fit your style. From whimsical to ornate, they’re everywhere this time of year, and can turn your furniture into a holiday display.
- Make your bathroom a winter wonderland. It’s simple as can be to switch out towels, bathmats, and even the shower curtain to go with your holiday theme. Want to go the extra mile? Switch your usual soap with a whimsical holiday-themed or elegant metallic dispenser. If you keep a scent diffuser in your bathroom, you can easily change it to match the rest of the room.
- Holiday up your kitchen. Just about every store you visit this time of year has their own spin on holiday dish towels, potholders, and more. If you’re able, it’s also a nice touch to hang up some kitchen linens that have been handed down through your family. You’ll feel nostalgic and cozy every time you see your grandmother’s fingertip towel, or your great-aunt’s potholders. On the table, a simple centerpiece can change the mood, turning it to all things holiday, even if it’s as simple as a potted poinsettia.
- Make things merry with candles. Candles soothe and delight, whether they’re for a religious purpose or simply to create a warmer ambience. They don’t even have to be holiday themed! Simple tapers are an elegant and attractive addition to any centerpiece or holiday display.
- Switch up your scents. Nothing triggers warm memories of the holidays like certain scents. Whether you use scented candles, oil diffusers, or even strategically placed cinnamon brooms, choose scents that take you back to happy childhood memories, and you’ll find you’re in a holiday mood.
Ready for a change in your décor that’s a little more substantial than linens and pillows? Smith Village Home Furnishings has bedroom, living room, and dining room furniture to suit your style and your budget. A family-owned business for more than 80 years, we pride ourselves on providing our customers with top quality furnishings at the lowest possible prices. Visit us online to view our current stock or call us at (717) 428-1921 for more information!